Thrive Group Oldham are seeking x2 Environmental Operatives / Street Cleaners to work for the local authority in Oldham.
Rate of pay: £9.50, rising after 12 weeks
Hours: Working on a 4on/4off rota basis, Mon-Sat, 7am - 5.50pm, Sunday, 6am - 4.50pm.
*Must have a Driving Licence.
Purpose of the job:
Following written and verbal instruction, undertake street cleansing work across the town as directed as part of a team and to contribute to excellent service delivery.
To undertake sweeping, collection and removal of litter, glass, furniture, graffiti, fly posting, dirt, leaves and weeds.
General maintenance of the areas e.g. clearing leaves and litter, removal of fly-tipped material and use of Dandy cart.
- Cleaning - e.g. public buildings such as changing rooms and toilets.
- Use of powered hand tools and light plant when trained e.g. Dandy Cart.
- Clearing litter, animal faeces and dumped waste.
- Clearance of snow and ice from public areas and gritting as necessary.
- Use of chemical control and non-chemical control of weeds where appropriate and under direction.
- Carry outback lining and fly-tip removal as directed.
- Experience of undertaking manual work as part of a team or working on your own.
- Ability to lift waste, loose materials, and construction items onto collection vehicles by hand in line with Health & Safety regulations.
- Ability to complete tasks thoroughly and to the required standard, in a specified time.
- Ability to communicate courteously and effectively with members of the public and teammates.
- Ability to work to & within health and safety guidelines.
- Ability to work unsocial hours inclusive of weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Willingness and ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- To be punctual and have regular attendance.
- Work flexibly to meet the needs of the service including at different hours & locations across the Borough.
- Experience in Street cleansing operations.
- Previous experience in environmental management is desirable.
- Experience of lone working.
- Local knowledge of the Oldham area.
- Full UK driving license - Essential
As a Thrive employee, you will have access to our exciting new benefits portal:
Discount outlet: Save money in shops, restaurants and UK attractions.
Employee support: with access to counsellors 24/7.
Health & wellbeing services: including online health check and Gym discounts.
24/7 GP: to book appointments simply & quickly.
Payslips & pensions information.
Thrive Group are acting as an employment business in regard to this role.