Thrive Group are The Workforce People in Temporary and Permanent employment.
Thrive Oldham is currently recruiting for a temporary Gardener/Landscaper to work for the local authority in Hyde.
This is a temporary position and is to start immediately.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-3.40pm
Pay Rate: £9.90 per hour
Pay Rate after 12 wks: £10.28 per hour
Carrying out general cleansing and grounds maintenance duties across the Borough. Such work regularly involves the use of powered mechanical equipment, e.g. mechanical road and precinct sweepers, tippers, etc. using a range of light tools and machinery, e.g. hand mowers, strimmers, blowers, hedge cutters etc.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Fly-tipping removal
- Mechanical street cleansing
- Litter picking
- Empty litter bins
- Graffiti removal
- Hedge trimming includes cutting back obstructive vegetation
- Removal of dead animals/syringes
- The cleansing of play areas and other similar facilities
- Cleansing of buildings, e.g. public toilets, sports changing rooms, park pavilions, depots and Similar Operations run facilities
- Chemical spraying and weed spraying, etc.
- To assist in staging various events
- Full driving licence desirable but not essential.
- Experience in environmental maintenance tasks relevant to the work of the post.
- Experience in using powered and mechanical garden machinery relevant to the work of the post.
- Able to work under pressure and to high standards in terms of time and work quality.
- Able to work outdoors and in all weather conditions with appropriate protective clothing/equipment providing it is safe to carry out such duties.
- Adhere to the rules of wearing the correct PPE at all times.
- Must be fit and healthy as a lot of walking is involved.
- Experience in a similar role is desirable.
- Able to use own initiative and be a team player.
- Have an excellent work ethic, reliability, and ability to learn new skills.
As a Thrive employee, you will have access to our exciting new benefits portal via the Benefits App.
Discount outlet: Save money in shops, restaurants, and UK attractions.
Employee support: with access to counsellors 24/7.
Health & wellbeing services: including online health check and Gym discounts.
24/7 GP: to book appointments simply & quickly.
Payslips & pensions information.
Thrive Group are acting as an employment business in regards to this role.