Thrive Group are delighted to be working with our client in Westbury, who are actively looking to recruit a Purchasing Coordinator on a permanent basis.
What you will be doing:
- Main point of contact for suppliers and contractors whilst coordinating communication with the Procurement team.
- Work with suppliers and find best prices, quality, and supply terms.
- Manage all contract and evaluation reviews with suppliers and contractors in order to assess contract performance and maximise contract re-negotiation.
- Risk assesses any single suppliers to minimise/mitigate risk of failure of supply.
- Maintain the component database through the Purchase Master File to provide accurate ongoing pricing information.
- Support the Stock Manager on resolving issues with quality of stock, supply issues or non-delivery of stock items after the supply chain team have exhausted their communications.
- Responsible for contact for queries relating to purchases and stock, namely, (i) invoice queries, (ii) cost controller queries and (iii) the valuation of de-listed stock (iv) non-conformances with the technical department and suppliers
What you will need to succeed:
- Excellent negotiator- strong communication skills dealing with suppliers and internal departments.
- Experience of transactional management desirable with the ability to prioritise and organise a large workload
- Experience of working in a 24/7 fast moving manufacturing environment.
- Good understanding of IT systems and software, proficiency in MS Excel is of particular importance
- Commercial awareness.
What you will receive in return:
- Salary - £28,000 to £32,000 (DOE)
- Company pension 6% employer contribution
- 25 days holiday + Bank holidays
- Company sick pay
- 4 x Death in Service
- Long service recognition
- Wellbeing initiatives - Free flu jabs, free eye tests, £90 contribution to prescription lenses
What you need to do next:
If this position sounds of interest and you would like to be considered. Please contact Sarah at Thrive Group on Direct line 01225 727961 or email
Thrive Group are acting as an employment agency in relationship to this vacancy.
If you have not heard from a consultant within 7 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.