Thrive Oldham are recruiting on behalf of our well established Automotive client in the South Wales area a Quality Engineer
Job Title: Quality Engineer / Health & Safety Coordinator
Reporting to: Technical & Quality Manager
The ideal candidate will be a qualified Quality Engineer and someone who would be interested in supporting the Company within some areas of Health & Safety. This position requires flexibility and adaption to change towards continuous improvement, whilst working within both departments.
This is a varied role with no two days the same. The requirements of the Quality role will be to manage and control processes and documentation to international and customer standards/specifications.
The Health and Safety role will include, but not limited to, supporting and writing risk assessments, participating in audits and inductions, incident investigations to collating and processing HSE data for the site. This part of the role would suit someone who has had some experience of working within Health & Safety and is looking to expand their experience and knowledge.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Advising of requirements and effectiveness of the management systems, Quality and HSE performance.
- Supporting Managers of all Health, Safety and Quality matters.
- Internal Quality Complaints/issues.
- Inspection of products across shop floor, goods inwards and final inspection of assemblies.
- Raising non-conformance issues with immediate manager and recommending appropriate containment and corrective actions.
- Raising (NCR) non-conformance reports where appropriate.
- Maintenance of databases and records processed within the quality department.
- Assemble and test products to ensure conformance to quality standards.
- Ensure that all measurement systems are calibrated and serviced according to the company calibration procedure and timetable.
- Collecting and measuring to assess conformance to drawing/specification on factored/component items.
- Progressing quarantine product and organising agreed rework or return to supplier.
- Processing customer returns.
- An understanding of problem solving/continuous improvement techniques.
- Performing internal audits.
- Attention to detail, particularly with respect to specifications and product quality.
- Task driven individual and able to drive tasks to an accurate completion.
- Must be self-motivated and a team player, able to make effective decisions and work to tight deadlines.
- Perform system, process and supplier audits.
- Manage system and product audits from external bodies and customers.
- Supporting the companies KPI's to achieve the desired results.
- Support and guide the team with customer complains / returns / process issues using 8D analysis techniques to determine root cause, corrective and prevention actions.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers where problems are related to quality issues.
- Support the collation of certification to customer requirements, supporting any follow up to the customers' requests.
- Organizes accident investigation processes.
- Keeps records of all safety-related issues within the company and makes sure that corrective measures are taken.
- Investigating, reporting and documenting all accidents, incidents and near misses.
- Carrying out Health and Safety Risk Assessments and Audits.
- Computer Literate with good communication skills.
- Key Skills:
- Experience of working within a quality engineer role within a manufacturing environment is essential for this role.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety is desirable.
- Knowledge of ISO9001.
- Proven experience of implementing lean and continual improvement tools such as 8D; 5S; Kaizen and Visual Management.
- Able to read and understand technical drawings and use troubleshooting skills to identify and correct machining problems; produce parts within production schedules.
- Ability to understand and follow health & safety rules, standard operating procedures, safe systems of work & production & assembly quality specifications.
- Flexible work attitude towards other tasks & duties.
- Ability to use IT systems effectively.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to work in a Continuous Improvement environment.
Mechanical Engineering qualification is essential for this role.
- Knowledge of HSE, Risk Assessments would be an advantage.
Salary Starting £35k
Monday to Thursday 8am - 5pm
Friday 8am - 12pm Midday Early Finish