Shipping Administrator - Competitive Salary + Super Benefits Package - Oldham, UK
Oldham Thrive are recruiting on behalf of our well established client. This role is perfect for individuals looking to join a high-performing culture, with focus on accuracy and a fast-paced environment. Also, ideal if you possess a distribution background coupled with proven experience & knowledge of working with freight forwarders. If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
You will assist with daily shipping administration, ensuring records are accurate and updated on receipt from our Far East Offices. The role would best suit an individual with office admin experience and excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
The key responsibilities of a Shipping Administrator include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the logging of documentation relating to new shipments and goods received, ensuring accurate records are maintained for perusal upon request by HM Customs & Excise
- Preparation of weekly product listing report for the purpose of our Hong Kong and China offices.
- Storing of month end reports.
- Compilation of 'Freight Reconciliation' report and relevant audit of purchases for Accounts Dept.
- Liaising with export customers, processing sales orders and following through with our Despatch team.
- Checking data against reports & updating accordingly.
- Checking freight invoices, photo copying and logging accordingly.
- Providing cover for checking and signing Purchase Orders from HK
- Payment of goods - responsible for maintaining schedule updates from purchase order information, and compilation of list of goods due for payment for our accounts dept. Also responsible for Letter of Credit requirements by obtaining authorisation from internal Director to enable the issuance of LC applications to the Banks.
- Great attention to detail with high accuracy.
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Company sick pay
- Private medical
- Life assurance
- Full time role
- Monthly Salary
- Overtime as required
- 22 days holiday increasing to 27 days with service… plus Bank holidays.
- Staff purchases
- Auto enrolment into a pension
- Free parking
- Flexible working
- Training & Development
The key skills required:
- Ideally have manufacturing background experience.
- Have experience & knowledge of working with freight forwarders.
- Importing procedures including customs requirements is essential.
- Letter of Credit knowledge.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Ocean Import Coordinator, Import Operator, Air Import Operator will also be considered for this role.