Thrive Oldham are working 2 new Area Supervisor roles for Leicestershire Council.
The role is very much a hands-on supervisory role. It will require travelling to the Council's RHWSs and WTSs daily to undertake: -
- HR related tasks (supporting the onboarding process for new starters, undertaking one to ones, return to works, low-level policy discussions)
- Delivery of training through workbooks and / or supporting those completing learning through e-learning
- Developing and delivering toolbox talks and other training packages / safety briefings
- Monitoring and enforcing the Council's safe systems of work and risk assessments for all site operations
- Ensuring records for waste movements are accurate and appropriately filed
- Monitoring and enforcing the Council's Quality Management System for processes at the RHWS
- Issuing and monitoring / recording PPE and uniforms to staff
- Driving from time to time a Council 3.5 tonne box van
- Handling of low-level complaints from customers face to face, by telephone and by email.
We will provide PPE and may be some uniform requirements, particularly the potential wearing of a Body Worn Camera (BWC). The BWC will only record and make footage available for download, if activated by the holder. These are part of uniform for all field-based staff, unless reasonable adjustments should be considered.
The ideal candidate will have: -
- Good IT skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Experience of dealing with customers
- Experience of line managing multiple staff
- Experience of delivering training packages
- Valid UK drivers' licence for driving up to a 3.5 tonne vehicle, access to own vehicle and insurance to cover business use
- Have a valid and relevant Certificate of Technical Competence with the appropriate evidence of continued competence
- Experience of driving a vehicle up to 3.5 tonnes
Working days and hours: Working pattern to be agreed with line manager based on 37 to 40 hours per week across 7 days. Weekend work is mandatory, a minimum of 1 in 3 but will consider more frequent of the successful candidate prefers. Overtime is likely to be available.
The role will mainly be field based, travelling to RHWSs and WTSs. There may be some ability to work from home or from County Hall, but this is expected to be minimal. The role is a supervisor of site staff across all the Council's waste sites.
Please contact Thrive Oldham for more information