Thrive Group are recruiting for an Assistant Client Portfolio Manager on a permanent basis, with a view to start immediately.
These positions are located in the Taunton area, paying £42,000 per annum.
This is a full-time position.
Responsibilities of the role includes;
- Maintaining a productive relationship with key clients, maintaining regular contact, dealing with any specific queries or problems using available specialist skills and knowledge as required.
- Analysing, interpreting and auditing the range of data supplied by clients.
- Producing draft year end and management accounts from a wide variety of data with clear net working papers to reflect the accounts produce and ensuring clear cross referencing.
- Completing basic tax computations.
- Completing details schedules for each set of accounts to ensure the analysis is correct and logical as required.
- Composing correspondence to clients, tax office, registrate of companies and others.
- Working with the partner to plan, manage and prioritise work, deadlines and requirements providing information for billing purposes.
- Working as part of a team with the other managers, partners/director and staff to ensure the department as a whole meets its objectives and all client demands are exceeded etc and dealing with differences.
- Ensuring each individual working on jobs with you is clear on expectations and timescales, is properly trained and receives constructive feedback.
- Ensuring work conducted to correct standard and accounts preparation is accurate and meaningful for the type of industry.
- To be able to answer staff and client technical queries and make technical decisions.
- To have the technical knowledge to resolve client issues.
The successful candidate will:
- Preparation of statutory accounts.
- Preparation of corporation tax computations.
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal.
- Good customer care skills.
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills.
- Able to work in an organised manner to strict deadlines - planning, diary management, department systems set up and maintenance.
- Excellent influencing skills both on an internal and client - facing basis.
- Positive and outgoing.
- Self sufficient when necessary and able to work alone for periods of time.
- Pro-active and willing to take responsibility for own areas of work - not waiting to be asked to undertake key responsibilities.
- Tact and diplomacy - able to explain issues to colleagues, partners & clients.
- Organised, methodical, detail conscious.
- Self confident and able to demonstrate effective use of personal judgement.
- Flexibility - able to deal with changing priorities, deadlines and circumstances, willing to work with others.
- Discreet and confidential - able to stand their ground where necessary regarding queries from others.
For more information please apply or contact the team on 01793 488057.