Thrive Oldham are recruiting an adhoc caretaker for our well established client in Saddleworth
Responsible to: Assets Manager, Clerk to the Council
- To attend functions, as required, mainly in the evenings and at weekends
- To assist in the preparation of the Civic Hall for functions;
- To liaise with the hirers of the hall prior to their function to discuss table arrangements and give general advice to the hirer;
- To ensure that the Council's rules are observed by the hirer including Health and Safety regulations, licensing laws and the vacation of the building where necessary;
- To maintain the security of the Civic Hall by securing entrances (locking/unlocking), exits and designated areas, reporting potential security breaches to the relevant person.
- To operate fire safety equipment, carry out fire drill and respond to alarm systems where appropriate and to conduct regular routine health and safety checks e.g. fire alarms, water sprinklers, legionnaire testing in the absence of the Assets Manager.
- To be a designated key holder providing access and attend to emergency call outs outside of normal working hours as necessary.
- To carry out minor repairs not requiring a contractor and undertake decorating and improvement work as directed by the Assets Manager.
- To arrange emergency repairs with external contractors and/or LA as required in the absence of the Assets Manager
- To operate the heating plant, cooling and lighting systems reporting any faults to the relevant person.
- To undertake emergency/specialist activities/cleaning e.g. gritting, spillages, graffiti removal and litter picking.
- To organise and participate in the movement of furniture throughout the building and provide a porterage service around the Civic Hall.
- To collect and assemble waste for collection
- To undertake cleaning duties within allocated areas in line with specified standards.
- To check all designated areas for cleaning to make sure the required standards are met.
- To assist in the upkeep and maintenance of the Civic Hall
- Other duties
- To assist in the ordering of cleaning materials;
- To keep the paths and driveway to the car park clear of litter and snow;
- To liaise with the admin staff concerning hall bookings, room layouts etc;
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade that may be required.
Other Specific Duties
· To carry out the duties in the most effective, efficient and economic manner available.
· To continue personal development in the relevant area.
·To participate in the staff review and development appraisal process.
Health and Safety Training
· To undertake Health and Safety Training on areas within your remit.
Adhoc hours, some unsocial hours which has a 25% uplift
Salary £13.53 per hour