Thrive Oldham are recruiting on behalf of our well established client in the Torfaen area a EH&S Manager.
The creation and delivery of programmes and systems across the principle areas of health, safety and environment for the Forgings SBU. Responsible for health, safety and environmental issues, maintaining, improving the company's HSE record and culture through the delivery of the HSE management system. Ensure a safe place of work in line with statutory requirements and industry best practice.
· Develop, implement, monitor and report progress against site HSE KPI's.
· Develop and implement an HSE management plan and systems to deliver legal compliance and continuous improvement.
· Develop and implement a robust HSE risk assessment programme including supporting line managers and Health and Safety Representatives with undertaking risk assessments.
· Develop and coordinate a programme for employee assessments, including vibration, respiratory and noise.
· Develop and coordinate HSE training requirements to comply with statutory requirements and to deliver continuous improvements.
· Promote workplace and workforce HSE awareness through continual communication and training.
· Monitor accident reporting/near miss systems, reviewing and updating policies and processes as necessary to achieve business aims.
· Liaise with first line managers to ensure suitable accident investigation and corrective action.
· Undertake Health, Safety and Environmental inspections and audits.
· To implement and manage remedial actions or improvements identified either internally or externally by the HSE Exec, the Environment Agency or any other relevant external body.
· Controlling and managing the authorised discharges allowed from the site and to ensure that any set limits are not exceeded
· Formulate safe systems of work
· Develop and coordinate a process to monitor compliance of the HSE management system.
· Manage all claims for work-related illnesses and injuries.
· Develop the roles of safety reps and train and develop them to be advocates of a HSE culture.
· Provide guidance to employees at all levels to ensure that statutory requirements are met.
· Co-ordinate local Health, Safety and Environment meetings, taking responsibility for HSE related business improvements.
· Report work-related accidents, diseases and dangerous occurrences in line with Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995.
· Provide monthly management and safety team updates to demonstrate progress against HSE KPI's and the HSE management plan.
· Develop training needs/matrix to comply with statutory HSE requirements
·Managing the overall business risk and business continuity plan
·Ideally educated to degree level, hold a NEBOSH Diploma in Health & Safety and relevant Environmental qualifications, with experience/training in the auditing of OSHAS 18001 and/ or ISO45001 standards.
·Previous experience working and driving change in a heavy manufacturing environment
·Robust knowledge of all relevant health, safety and environment legislation
·People management experience
Personal Skills and Abilities (Must have)
·High self motivation and determination to succeed