The Thrive Group is currently looking to recruit Field Service Engineers in multiple locations (Birmingham & Luton) to work on servicing, fault-finding, reactive and preventative maintenance work on compressed air systems, both on mobile & static applications. You will work primarily on Rotary Screw Compressors, associated Ancillary Equipment and Intelligent Control Systems with additional requirements to work on Piston and Rotary Vane compressors and should have a solid background in working on this type of equipment.
Other duties include:-
- Service, troubleshoot, repair and maintain compressed air equipment, normally within a 100 mile radius of home location in Midlands or the London area
- Maintain strong lines of communication with the servicing team to ensure you can manage the work and customers' requirements efficiently.
- Provide high levels of customer service whilst always adhering to H&S and company policy.
- Ensure equipment is always operating correctly and efficiently.
- Build strong working relationships with customers.
Essential Skills / Experience
- You must hold a relevant mechanical qualification to at least City & Guilds Level 3 or ONC in Motor Vehicle Engineering.
- You must hold a full UK driving licence and have entitlement to work in the UK.
- You will need a flexible approach to work schedules.
- Sound knowledge of mechanical principles and repair procedures
- 3+ years' as a Field Service Engineer (Compressed Air Industry) or have 3+ years' experience in a similar role with a HGV/PCV/Plant background .
- Ability to apply knowledge to practical situations working on compressed air equipment.
- Ability to follow instructions, reading and understanding electrical schematics and diagrams.
- Sound understanding of external factors which can affect compressor performance.
- You will need to be computer literate to operate the Job Sheet system on your phone/tablet.
- Be confident with customers and be able to discuss problems at all levels.
- During times of heavy workload, be able to travel beyond the normal work area to assist in neighbouring areas.
- The role is a physical one therefore you will need to be energetic, fit and healthy.
Thrive Group are acting as a recruitment business on this position