Thrive Group are delighted to be working with our highly successful manufacturing company in Frome, who are actively seeking to recruit a Laboratory Technician to join the team.
What you will be doing:
You will be required to carry out all tests within both labs (Chemistry and Microbiology).
- Operate equipment such as Autoclaves, FTIR Spectroscopes, NIR spectrometers]
- To be able to complete daily taste panels, and to be able to carry out the management of reference samples.
- To be able to ensure that all stock is rotated correctly, conduct stock-takes and report to management any stock needs.
- To be competent with lab databases LIMs or similar system
- Testing via internal and external monitoring procedures, and to conduct internal audits to given schedule
- Carry out environmental and plant hygiene swabs.
- Determine and act on non-complying results by communicating information and following up with re-sampling and re-testing.
- Use positive release systems for product ingredients and finished products
What you will need to succeed:
- Previous chemistry or micro laboratory experience, ideally in Food industry.
- Good communication skills with colleagues and all levels of management
- Demonstrate ability to work under pressure, assess workload and breaks to ensure all the testing required is carried in a timely manner
- Able to work to strict procedures, and to be able to be audited while carrying out tasks within the lab.
What you will receive in return:
- £28,000 to £29,000 per annum DOE
- 3 rotating shifts Earlies / Lates /Nights - Full time
- Company pension 6% employer contribution (Salary exchange)
- Childcare vouchers (Salary exchange)
- 25 days holiday + Bank holidays
- Company sick pay
- 4 x Death in Service