Thrive Group are seeking a Machinist / Fitter for their client based in Merthyr Tydfil.
Job Title: Machinist/Fitter
Reporting to: Operations Manager
You will be required to support all functions within the maintenance department and on occasions may be requested to support other activities within the business. This position requires flexibility and willingness to embrace continuous improvement.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Operate and maintain lathes and milling machines.
- Reviews drawings, instructions, or samples to ensure accurate production.
- Take precise measurements for cutting or shaping.
- Select appropriate machine and settings for a given task.
- Identify need for and perform machine maintenance and minor repairs.
- Maintain a safe and clean workstation.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Diagnose and repair machine faults.
- Constructing and assembling mechanical systems
- Attending and repairing breakdowns on machines and equipment.
- Checking and calibrating using verniers and gauges.
- Replacing parts on equipment as part of a routine maintenance plan.
- Assist with machine and tooling improvements on processing equipment.
- Assist with machinery and equipment installations.
- Assist with mechanical and electrical improvements to plant and equipment.
- Making regular checks on machinery according to a planned schedule.
- Strictly adhering to all health and safety policies and procedures, including the use of the appropriate protective clothing.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience of working as a machinist with fitting skills or fitter with machining skills is essential.
- Use a range of tools and engineering techniques to maintain and repair mechanical machinery and equipment to operational standards. They test and identify defective or worn mechanical components or equipment
- Attention to detail.
Hours: Monday to Thursday, 8am - 5pm and Friday, 8am - 11am.
Job Type: Permanent, Full time