Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
Salary: 30,000-35,000 per Annum
Hours: Monday to Thursday 07.45-16.30 Friday 07.45-15.15
- Company pension
- Company events
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- Transport links
Our client are a family-owned manufacturer based in Huddersfield, and we have been operating in this location since the 1950's. They have a wide range of award-winning brands and distribute worldwide. Having started with just 10 members of staff they now employ over 170 people and continue to innovate and expand in their sector.
They are looking for an multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer to join their Team. They are looking for a good all-rounder who is proactive, practical and can work well under their own steam, prioritising tasks in line with the needs of the business.
The main objective will be to manage maintenance across out 2 sites within proximity.
Duties to include, but not limited to
- Installing fixtures & fittings
- Joinery & plumbing maintenance
- Carrying out repairs to machinery & property
- Any other practical requirements that the business needs
Job role & Responsibilities
- To lead site maintenance by providing a service that may require reactive or proactive approach.
- Ensuring that all risk assessments are undertaken and that safe systems of work are in place.
- Endure that all work carried out meets the latest H & S and environmental legislation & regulations.
- Optimise availability, productivity and performance from plant and equipment on site and work with others to ensure an effective maintenance plan is in place and adhered to.
- Manage the team on technical and best practice and establish the policies & procedures, whilst also mentoring and leading the departmental managers.
- Manage all maintenance on site including external contractors, acting as a technical specialist in relation to company projects including building improvements and repair.
- Manage all relevant inspections and testing to comply with the H & S policy and insurers requirements.
- Manage external contractors in the safe delivery of installations, maintenance, and service.
- Ensure high levels of housekeeping are kept throughout all areas of responsibility.
- Manage consumables inventory and replenishment of critical spares.
- Implement and manage continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principles by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training working practices and processes.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and interpret site plans and drawings/layouts and contribute to discussions around site development and changes.
You will be responsible for ensuring that site facilities & machinery used to produce our extensive product range run to our maximum efficiency & output. This includes total preventative maintenance & managing mechanical & electrical breakdowns.
This list is not exhaustive.
Qualifications and Experience:
- City & Guilds Level 3 in mechanical engineering or equivalent as a minimum.
- Computer literate with good knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Effective communication skills.
- Proven experience of maintenance and facilities
- Possess the ability to effectively project manage.
- Possess a strong ability to analyse, resolve and implement solutions through solid problem-solving techniques.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate with all levels.
- Conversant with systems for mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulics, and control systems.
- Ability to analyse and present data.
They are looking for someone who wants to be part of a business that has great ambitions for the future, you must be willing to learn, diligent, committed and want to succeed.
If this sounds like your next career move - APPLY NOW!!!