This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Print finisher - Supervisor paying a salry of £28k, to join a litho & digital printing company with a reputation for both quality and service. It would appeal to an experienced individual looking to do a variety of tasks within a busy and long-established printing company. This is a role where no two days are never the same. You will work closely with the Head of Digital to ensure all jobs and variety of projects dispatch on time and meet SLA's. The Print finisher - Supervisor will be working to ensure 100% accuracy is always maintained.
We are looking for a hard-working Print finisher - Supervisor, who can offer flexibility and commitment. This highly motivated individual will need to display a professional approach to their work and have a genuine 'can do' attitude towards their responsibilities. This person should be someone who could become part of the fabric of our Company over the next few years.
The ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise the workload to achieve maximum output would be critical.
Print Finisher - Supervisor's (Nights) Key Responsibilities:
- To communicate with the production management in a timely manner
- Ensure jobs are produced to the specifications on job sheets provided including
- Assist operators to ensure quality and to obtain maximum output, approve work ensuring pass sheets and procedures are followed
- Maintain and monitor all Company processes and procedures at all times.
- Flexible approach to shift work and overtime
- To have a full working knowledge and understanding of the various finishing processes, the equipment within the Finishing Department and the products the equipment is capable of producing.
- To be fully conversant with a range of folding, guillotine, stitching, perfect binding, lamination, one piece mailing equipment and their capabilities
- To manage the Finishing Department Team with full responsibility for monitoring time and attendance, holiday schedules, recruitment, and discipline where appropriate. Able to understand and act on maintenance levels
- Keep areas clean and tidy at all times and promote lean policy
- To learn computer data skills i.e. Navision/Digi Q
- Complete the maintenance programmes and KPI sheets
- To attend, comply and enforce with all training and Health & Safety policies
- Undertake to comply with the Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) and its associated policies
- Hours are 10pm - 6am Sunday - Thursday
Print Finisher Supervisor will have:
- Previously working in a supervisory role within a printing environment
- Experience with print finishing including using a guillotine, laminator and binding
- Competent with in Health and safety practices
- Ability to work calmly under pressure