Thrive Oldham are recruiting on behalf of our well established client in the Torfaen area a Project Engineer.
The post holder will be responsible for the introduction of new parts into the Blaenavon site
· Liaise with customers to establish the product requirements including all the necessary specifications, which may include the support of design and technical
· Managing customer specifications regarding timescales following receipt of PO and following completion of APQP meeting a draft timing plan and process steps are generated
· Communication to internal departments including, planning, technical, design, quality, supply chain including to timing plan and collation of technical specifications to the customer
·Ensure the customer is aware of "first off" processes and the results of any testing of any testing which is required
·Liaison with internal departments to ensure that the NPI parts continue on the path agreed with customers
·Responsible for the collation and distribution of the weekly NPI report to senior management, design, technical, planning, purchasing and sales team
· Ensure KPI and NPI timing by alloy, customer and part complexity are met and communicated to the correct individuals
· At least five years' experience within a busy customer service and sales environment
·Experience of working within a similar heavy industry environment
·Proven ability to effectively manage a team, set goals and ensure team targets are being met
·Ability of working to tight deadlines in a safe manner.
·Ability to work under pressure
Desirable Experience / Qualifications
·Lean Manufacturing / 5S / Continuous Improvement experience
Personal Skills and Abilities (Must have)
· Demonstrate working in cross functional project roles/teams both internally and in a customer facing role
· Demonstrate Project Management capability
· Computer literate including the use of Microsoft Office particularly Word, Excel and Power Point and Project
· Demonstrate high levels of interpersonal, motivational and communication skills both in oral and written formats
·A professional approach with a high level of integrity.
· The ability to motivate and influence others.
·Leadership, motivational and assertive
Other benefits to be discussed at interview
Hours for the role are 37 / week: 8-4.30 Mon to Thurs, 8-1.00 Fri.