Thrive Group are recruiting for a Street Cleansing Driver on a temporary to permanent basis, with a view to start immediately.
These positions are located in the Witney area, paying £11.18 per per hour.
This is a full-time position, working 06:00 to finish, Monday to Friday.
Responsibilities of the role includes;
- Undertake visual daily checks of the vehicle before it is used to ensure that the vehicle is in good working order, including checking oil, water, tyres, lights and beacons.
- To comply with all transport legislations.
- To work with other street cleaning crews and vehicles in a team to clear areas where necessary.
- To empty, clean and correctly replace litter bins on an agreed emptying schedule.
- To clean given areas to a specified standard removing all litter, animal droppings, leaf and twig fall, dirt and dust, loose chippings and other deposits, using a range of tools provided.
- To remove any reported fly -tipped waste as directed, taking due consideration to any possible dangers (for example asbestos or sharps).
The successful candidate will:
- Possess basic knowledge of vehicle, plant and machinery used for street cleaning activities.
- Have basic knowledge and understanding of health and safety requirements with cleansing activities.
- Experience of working on street cleaning/grounds maintenance activities is desirable but not essential.
- Full driving licence to be able to drive a range of vehicles up to and including 3.5 tonnes gross weight minimum.
- Ability and experience of driving transit sized caged vehicle safely.
- Ability to make required daily checks on vehicles.
- Ability to read, respond to and sign off works instruction tickets.
- Be prepared to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Ability to read and follow basic information/instructions.
- Be fit and able to lift heavy objects.
For more information please apply or contact the team on 01793 488057.