SQA Engineer - Small Volume/High Spec
Northwest - Salary NEG
About the Role
Our client, a luxury specialist OEM, is recruiting for an experienced Engineer to join their Quality Department based at our prestigious manufacturing site.
This role will be instrumental in overseeing all commodities, owning, and driving quality activities on new and existing product development internally and with suppliers. As subject matter expert, you will help to ensure all new products and systems are robustly designed and validated using recognised engineering quality tools & techniques.
Working within a passionate and driven team on new and innovative approaches, this role will offer exposure throughout the whole lifecycle of product development, allowing the opportunity to define and improve the way they work,
Key responsibilities include:
- Capture lessons learned within the Engineering Commodity & feed into project level events
- Drive Failure Mode Avoidance activities (Quality History, Design & Process FMEA) to ensure Engineering commodity Design Verification Plan robustness.
- Conduct virtual and physical fresh eyes / campaign prevention reviews.
- Ensure Engineering data, drawings and specifications are robust and will deliver a Quality product.
- Lead problem resolution and root cause activity with suppliers and internal stakeholders to ensure continuity of supply of assured parts.
- Supplier Audit/Assessment: Ensure supplier audit/site assessments conducted against Programme timing.
- Develop Quality Planning (APQP)/PPAP activity plans for new projects and supplier visits.
- Report approval status at Lotus project reviews and gateways including key issues resolution plans.
- Management of PPAP activities, including parts readiness, agreeing part quality standards & part approvals
- Supplier Sourcing; Interface with Lotus Purchasing Management to ensure consistent sourcing direction and consensus
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Working knowledge HNC or above in an automotive engineering discipline
- Experience of automotive Body and/or Interior trim either as OEM or Tier 1supplier
- Ability to demonstrate application of engineering quality tools & techniques
- Experience of the application of engineering quality tools in a vehicle programme
- An appreciation of automotive engineering quality tools within vehicle programmes
- Analytical, structured, confident, with good communication skills. Must be able to work alone under own initiative and as part of a small team
- Degree in an automotive engineering discipline
- Working knowledge of engineering Standards
- OEM knowledge of Body and/or Interior trim design and manufacture
- Practical experience of FMEA and problem solving techniques
There is a huge emphasis on working closely with small batch/niche manufacturers rather than typical large volume parts from various countries. This will form a large part of the kind of relationships needed.
If this sounds like your next move - APPLY NOW!!!!