Thrive Oldham are recruiting on behalf of our well established client in the Merthyr are a Customer Service Manager
Reporting to: Sales Director
Reporting to the Sales Director, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Customer Service Manager to join our well-established company. As a Customer Service Manager, you will be primarily responsible for maintaining and improving customer service levels and coordinating responses to customer orders, complaints, and enquiries.
As a Customer Service Manager, you will play a critical role in ensuring our customers receive exceptional support and assistance, you will be responsible for handling inbound customer support queries via email, chat, and phone.
You will need to be organised, proactive and enjoy problem solving and be a great communicator and team player who enjoys working in a fast -paced environment.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Preparing the Morning Figures including review of OTIF report and feedback
- Control the processing of sales orders.
- Ensure all orders are processed and acknowledged promptly.
- Develop an effective process for pro-actively communicating with customers regarding late orders.
- Responsible for overseeing booking orders with the customers.
- Distributing duties to the rest of the team and checking on progress, including checking of jobs, filing etc.
- Deal with customer returns and arrange any customer credits.
- Building effective relationships with customers.
- Responding to commercial and customers queries in a timely manner, liaising with the Commercial Manager on any new product requirements or cost/pricing matters.
- Liaise with all appropriate departments to ensure customers' orders and requirements are met.
- Reviewing of customer complaints and working with the quality team to outline preventative action and ensure rolled out, identifying trends and action plans for reduction.
- Support for the rest of the CS team.
- Attend production meetings, Management meetings, customer specific meetings.
- Support CSRs on calls and Teams meetings with customer where required.
- Present at site audits where required.
- Dealing with Aged stock.
- Demonstrable leadership experience in B2B Customer Service environments with and environment of high product range complexity and short service lead-times. Ideally, experience from a manufacturing industry.
- Good time management & organisational skills to meet timescales & deadlines.
- Ability to understand processes quickly and effectively and strong competencies in MIS/ERP systems to effectively administer established processes.
- A determined and resolute personality to drive through change-management, balanced with an eye for detail for execution of operational processes.
- Customer Focused
- Be able to influence a team across departments.
- Good communication via both email & telephone.
- Pick up processes & computerised systems.
- Self-motivated & able to generate own workload when required.
Qualifications & Experience
- A proven track record of managing a customer service team.
- Passionate about maximising sales opportunities.
- Proactive, high energy team manager, willing to go the extra mile to do a good job, with a "can do" attitude.
- Ability to create a strong customer focused environment to motivate the team.
- Ability to build strong customer relationships through effective account management.
- Innovative thinker, with an ability to think outside the box.
- Ability to coach and provide feedback to team.
- Ability to identify improvements, introduce changes in tandem with management colleagues, and the ability to measure improvements.
- Credible communicator, comfortable influencing senior managers with the ability to negotiate and establish common ground.
- Demonstrate ability in analysing and understanding business-based training and development needs.
- Demonstrates commercial awareness.
- Focuses on continual improvement, challenges the status quo, and leads discussions.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of what needs to be achieved and stays focused on the goal.
- Actively develops the total competence of the team.
- Confident with technology with working knowledge of MS PowerPoint, Excel, CRM, Word & Teams.