Thrive Shepton are looking to recruit for a Van Driver - In Blandford Forum to join the team at Wiltshire Farm Foods who have been cooking and delivering delicious frozen meals for over 30 years now.
This position could lead to a permanent placement for the right candidate. Immediate start available. Own transport will be required due to client's location.
As a production operative you will be working both alone and as part of a team with efficiency and commitment to complete your work and strive to maintain the business performance targets.
Main responsibilities are as follows:
- Be an ambassador for the company and always delivering with exceptional service
- Must have excellent time keeping with ability to manage time whilst delivering & picking orders. Deliver to our customers according to route plan guidance from office and customer delivery time schedules. - all customers have a delivery time slots that needs to be adhered too.
- Team player and willing to support other team members to achieve a common goal of excellent customer service.
- Have the ability to undertake pre-shift inspection of your van, to include oil, water, tyres and full visual safety inspection.
- To cover our existing operations team and will include, driving, freezer and the occasional office support
- Clean and refuel your van as and when needed - a clean presentation of the van is essential.
- Customer focused and willing to contact the office with any discrepancies or delays
- Be willing to persevere whilst learning the round.
- Customer confidentiality
- Excellent Cash Handling experience, showing ability to cash up your round accurately at the end of each working day. With a tidy and comprehensive paperwork approach to support the office.
Essential qualifications/Personal Qualities:
- Experience of multi-drop delivery role, with a customer focus mind
- Excellent knowledge of the Dorset area and surrounding villages
- Full Clean UK Driving License for manual vehicle use
- Clear DBS (Disclosure & Barring) check prior to joining
- Physically fit
- Numerate & Literate with secondary level education completed at GCSE level or equivalent.
- Willingness to support the business growth with door drops to prospective customers
- Monday to Friday
- Flexible hours between 0700 and 1700
- 40 hours a week
£12 per hour
What you need to do next:
If this position sounds of interest and you would like to be considered.
Please contact the team at Thrive Shepton on 01749 342 982
Thrive Group are acting as an employment agency in relationship to this vacancy.
If you have not heard from a consultant within 7 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.